dmiring someone from afar is easy; telling them that you find them beautiful can be incredibly difficult. If you’ve been looking for the perfect way to tell that special someone how you feel, here are some classic ways to share your feelings.
- A Letter – In this age of email and Facebook messages, the old-fashioned art of handwritten letters can be very special. Putting your feelings down on paper not only shows that you’re willing to take the time to make a romantic statement, but also creates a physical keepsake that the object of your affection can hold on to.
- Poetry – Most of the great poetry in human culture has been written in praise of beauty. If you’re not the type to write your own, sharing a classic poem can be just as effective when it comes to melting the heart.
- Music – Like poetry, most of the world’s music is created as a means to express appreciation of beauty. Creating the perfect playlist or mix of songs extolling physical virtue is a great way to tell someone how gorgeous you think they are.
- Comparison – Romantic films have this one down to a science, and it’s one of the few things that can be recreated without seeming contrived. If the person you’ve got your eye on mentions something that they find beautiful, it’s easy to answer with “I’m sure it doesn’t compare to you,” or “Yes, this is beautiful; just not as beautiful as you are.”
- Using Their Native Language – If English is the second language of your crush, making the effort to learn how to tell them you find them beautiful in their native tongue is a surefire way to get their attention.
- Taking Advantage of the Perfect Opportunity – Sometimes, the perfect opportunity presents itself to tell someone that they’re beautiful; often, anxiety can make it easy to let that moment pass you by. Be brave, and don’t miss the chance to share your admiration.
- Complimenting a Specific Feature – While a general statement is still very sweet, sometimes it’s better to tell someone exactly why you think they’re beautiful; it’s much more personal.
- Follow Up With a Compliment on a Non-Physical Characteristic – Complimenting someone’s physical beauty is great, but only focusing on this singular aspect of a person can come across as shallow. Saying that you find a person beautiful and intelligent or funny shows that you’re paying attention to more than just the way that they look.
- To Brighten a Bad Day – There’s a reason why this is a staple of romantic comedies everywhere; few things can brighten a bad day like knowing that someone finds you attractive. If you know that the person you’re attracted to is having a rough time, take a moment to gather your courage and tell them how beautiful you think they are.
- Keeping it Simple – Sometimes, the best way to do things is the least complicated. Looking someone in the eye and simply saying, “I think you’re beautiful” might be the best way to get your point across.
No matter which method you choose, remember that there’s a difference between “confident” and “cocky.” Trying to be too smooth or using lines that seem a bit too scripted can spoil the moment, so do your best to go with the flow and avoid anything that feels insincere or forced.